The NewsCurrents Student Editorial Cartoon Contest provides young people with a unique way to express their opinions about current issues. Entering is fun, easy, educational, and rewarding.
Even though this is a fun contest, we still need to have rules, so here they are:
1. All elementary, middle, and high school students are eligible to enter. Students may submit as many cartoons as they wish, but students with time to submit more than ten might want to consider getting a life.
2. Entrants must submit original cartoons on any subject of national or international interest. Students submitting plagiarized cartoons will be highly embarrassed by our mean public relations staff. But just in case one sneaks by, NewsCurrents does not accept responsibility for the authenticity of any cartoons.
3. Each cartoon must have the following printed legibly on the back: the student's name, grade, address, home telephone number, teacher's name, name of school, school address, and school telephone number. How important is this information? Cartoons without it will be disqualified.
4. First, Second, and Third Place winners will be chosen from each of the following categories: Grades K-6, Grades 7-9, Grades 10-12. Prize winners will receive U.S. Savings Bonds.
5. All cartoons become the property of Knowledge Unlimited, Inc. Cartoons may be used for promotional purposes at our discretion. Basically what this means is we'll try to get the winners in the newspaper and on television. Good stuff.
6. Sorry, but we cannot return the cartoons. So remember to keep a copy for yourself.
7. All good things must come to an end, and so must this contest. All cartoons must be postmarked by March 2, 2010 to be eligible.